Thursday, December 6, 2012

RECIPE - Power Packed Smoothie with Hemp and Flax Seeds



I wasn't in the mood for my usual favorite breakfast choices this morning and wanted to create something new and super healthy. I remembered I recently received Hemp and Chia seeds from the Nutiva Company, so I decided to incorporate at least one of those into my breakfast concoction. I created this delicious and power packed smoothie with lots of protein and good for you omega oils.

POWER PACKED SMOOTHIE

10 oz of milk or your favorite milk substitute 
(my favorite is 5 oz coconut milk, 5 oz skim lactose free milk)

1 scoop of Dr. Mercola's Pure Protein (which contains chia seeds)
(you can substitute your own favorite protein powder)

2 tablespoons of hemp seed

2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds 
(I buy whole flax seeds and grind them myself for freshness)

1/2 of a banana (mine was frozen)

1 heaping tablespoon of Dagoba drinking chocolate dissolved in 1-2 tablespoons of hot water
(the added drinking cocoa is purely optional based on your taste preference)

I pureed all in blender and thoroughly enjoyed it for my breakfast alongside a half of a sprouted grain bagel. When I was finished, I was quite full and satisfied and that feeling lasted for many, many hours. Plus I had lots of energy for the hours I spent pulling out Christmas decoration boxes and decorating the Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to prevent spam, comments are moderated by the author. Thank you.